I have been feeling a little weak for the past 3 days but of course, I still have to get up and be productive. Getting ready for work has been a very effective way for me to drag myself out of bed, hit the shower and put my face on! Something about make up that makes me happy even on days when I just want to stay in bed.
There is an going flu like virus around our work site that made some of my co-workers feel really sick the past few weeks. It also didn’t help that the weather is so unpredictable. As I am writing this blog, the current weather is 23c. Yesterday, it was down to 15c when it poured so bad that one of our clients said it even hailed when they were driving up… Now, that’s scary since he said that it was so bad that they had to pull over and even then when they were on the side of the road, they didn’t feel safe because of the vehicles around passing with almost zero visibility – he said they could easily get hit. Weather says it will be about 30c-32c come Wednesday! Okay summer, calm down! 🙂 Not complaining, still better than -41c!
So anyway, few days ago I woke up with a bad headache, stuffy nose and burning throat! I knew then I got this from my husband since he’s been sick a few days back too.
What I did:
Day 1 –
– Sliced up some lemons and made lemon water. The stronger the lemon taste is, the better.
– Lemon tea and honey. I probably had around a dozen cups (maybe more) while working – the whole 8 hour period, this is what I’ve been drinking.
– Lots and lots of (plain, room temp) water.
Day 2 –
– Same fluids as day 1
– Gurgle saltwater (lukewarm water and salt)
– Turn my humidifier on – this helped a LOT! Woke up with better breathing and less sharp throat. My throat still hurts but at least it’s not as bad as day 1.
Day 3 –
– By this time I am now getting the phlegm (mucus) when I cough which is very unpleasant, I know. But at least I can now spit it out (sorry, TMI).
– My husband wants me to take meds but I’m trying not to.
– Warm shower, a lot warmer than my normal showers to keep the steam in the bathroom going. The steam will help your breathing as it unclogs your stuffy nose.
Hopefully at the end of day 3 it will get even better. My family doctor always tells me, “when you’re down with flu, take lots of fluids and rest.” Yes, I am resting, or at least I try to, but I still go to work. I don’t think calling in sick is necessary if I don’t feel the chills. I’m not saying I have to wait for until I have a high fever and unbearable chills, all I’m saying is, take things slow, do not over work yourself and stop when you feel like you are close to being stressed – especially on a Monday.
Hope everyone else is having a better and healthier day than myself! Talk to you guys later and stay healthy! <3